Men's PhD® Outdoor Light Mini Socks in ChestnutSmartwool was created with the belief that time outside is valuable, restorative, and essential for everyone.
When the company was founded back in 1994, the founders simply wanted to be able to ski longer without getting cold toes.
That’s when they discovered the benefits of Merino wool as a performance fabric. It was soft (softer than any wool they had ever felt), moisture-wicking, thermoregulating (warm when it’s cold, and cool when it’s warm), sustainable, and odor-neutralizing—helping to keep feet dry, comfortable, and warm for longer than the synthetic socks they were wearing at the time.
Smartwool was the first outdoor company to make performance Merino wool ski socks—revolutionizing the category and forever changing the way outdoor enthusiasts viewed their feet.
An ankle-high powerhouse, the PhD® Outdoor Light Mini is made for mileage. Great for long summer treks, it combines support, stretch and recovery. Featuring Indestructawool™ technology for ultimate durability and the 4 Degree™ elite fit system for a dialed fit. Light cushioning offers impact protection on the road or trail, while the Virtually Seamless™ toe offer more comfort in a trail shoe.
- Built for performance in the highest degree
- 4 Degree ™ Elite Fit System uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place
- Indestructawool™ technology features a patent-pending construction method for exceptional durability and comfort
- Mesh ventilation zones provide optimum moisture management and maximum breathability
- Light cushioned shin and sole for impact absorption and warmth
- Sock Height: Mini; 3.75" overall height
- Virtually Seamless™ toe
- Made in USA of Imported Yarn: 58% Merino Wool, 40% Nylon, 2% Elastane
- SKU: SW001066207